Saturday 3 October 2009

Sex and the Subcontinent

In a very Carrie-Bradshaw-esque turn of events, I’m sitting in a cafe in Mumbai’s High Street Phoenix complex (basically a really big open air shopping mall with a bunch of western brand shops and a McDonalds at the center; I may or not be considering eating there for lunch-- it would be nice to have something familiar, you know?) updating ye olde blog and being one of those laptop-coffee-shop types.


Anyway, it’s a lovely cafe, serving cakes and smoothies. I got a mango slushie and a ginormous slice of pineapple cream cake for RS158…. About $3. I love this country! They’ve even got wifi here! They’re playing Aqua-- yes, as in ‘Barbie Girl’ and they’ve got a guitar sitting in the corner of the cafe under a sign that says ‘play me’. I gotta say, Indian cafes are kinda growing on me. I have yet to see a single Starbucks or Second Cup with guitars for the clientele to fool around on. Take notes North America! Whatever time I spent off the beaten path is now being rewarded with creature comforts, and it’s a nice change from cockroach infested trains and hard beds along the southern circuit.


Anyway to catch everyone up, read on above….


No comments:

Post a Comment